Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Chuck Wagon Skillet Dinner

 Chuck Wagon Skillet Dinner

When I work late, I really don’t want to spend much time cooking supper. Chuck Wagon Skillet Dinner is one of our go to meals.

My kids will even make this dish so I don’t have to worry about cooking after I come up from my work from home job. It gives us time to sit down and enjoy a meal as a family. We watch cartoons and talk about our day.

Ingredients

2 Tbs butter or margarine
1 onion, diced in small pieces
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 oz. cubed cheddar cheese
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. sliced ripe olives (optional)
2 c. medium noodles uncooked
1 1-lb can stewed tomatoes
1/4 c. water

Directions

In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter. Add the ground beef, onions and celery until tender. Season with salt and pepper, using more or less as desired.

Add the cheese, olives and noodles. Pour in tomatoes and water. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil.  Turn the heat down to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep it from sticking on the bottom. Add more water as necessary if more liquid is needed to cook the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment