Thursday, April 22, 2021

Beef Enchiladas

Beef Enchiladas

My family loves these enchiladas. They are spicy and full of flavor.  If you want a recipe that is quick and easy, this is the one.  Serve with refried beans and Spanish rice, and you have a great meal.

Because my son did not like beans at all, I had to get crafty. I mashed the beans up and added them in the recipe for added flavor.  He never knew the difference and both my kids thought they were the best.  They ask me to make this recipe often!

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 to 2 hot peppers
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 Tbs. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 can Mrs. Grimes Spicy Hot Chili Beans in Chili Sauce
enchilada or tortillas, warmed
salsa
shredded cheese
sour cream
tomatoes, diced
shredded lettuce

Directions

In a heavy cast iron skillet, brown ground beef, onion, hot peppers and garlic until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease.

Mix in chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.

In a separate bowl, mash up the Mrs. Grimes Spicy Hot Chili Beans in Chili Sauce with an immersion blender, or you can use a regular blender. Blend until most of the beans are mashed.  Pour this into the ground beef. Bring to a bubble and then turn the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes. 

Heat  enchilada shells. You can heat them in the microwave, but I heat mine in a skillet and turn the enchilada once when it begins to brown. 

Place the enchilada on a plate and add some of the beef and bean mixture.  Add some shredded cheese and salsa if desired.  Roll up the enchilada and tuck in the ends. Top with more salsa, cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.

Some people bake their enchiladas, but I do not. I serve mine this way and my kids love them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment